Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Elegant Chic



For my first post for Maxine's Closet I was planning on focusing on lace as a continuing trend into the fall season. As you can see, that did not end up happening. As I was working on this I slowly began to trade out Valentino's newest lace bag in exchange for a D&G leopard print handbag. Note that animal prints and fur are definitely in this fall, being featured in several fall/winter 2010-11 collections. Not a fan of wearing dead animal skin? No problem because fake fur is not only acceptable but often preferred. A prime example is Chanel's fall/winter fashion show, which featured fur everywhere -I think Karl Langerfeld went just a little bit fur crazy- all of which was fake fake fake.
Eventually my lace idea completely changed and I suddenly found my self putting together a few elegant chic items and going with a lighter color scheme than originally planned. I've chosen more neutral colors with gold accessories. I also tossed in some Chanel gold dangling pearl earrings to give it a classic charm. Finally I added in a pair of black thick framed glasses a style that unfortunately looks embarrassingly bad on me.
Looking at my creation I knew I had to toss out the model I had previously featured and had to think up a new one. Almost instantly I knew that the face of this set should be Blair Waldorf (Leighton Meester) and figured I'd do a little tribute to Gossip Girl.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this blog! and I also really like that you're an investment banker in Paris. tres chic.
    xoxo,
    gossip girl

    meh, kidding,
    H

    p.s. they would just let me sign H, so I had to use my super old aim screenname. thankyouverymuch.

    ReplyDelete